Framing Crew Contractor
The Framer is a skilled craftsman who is responsible for building the structure of the home. The Framers work must be level and true, ensuring that the other trades have a good base upon which to perform their work.
Framing has a major impact on the home's quality, and so is one of the most important aspects of homebuilding. The Framing contractor is responsible for organizing and training a team of workers to perform framing services. The Framing Contractor acquires contracts with homebuilders, and fulfills those contracts by providing framing services that meet quality standards as specified by the homebuilder, the consumer and building codes.
The skills required for framing can be acquired on the job, but formal training is recommended. A journeyman ticket is a definite asset, as it increases employment opportunities and demonstrates a commitment to professional training.
Study building plans determining materials required and details of work to be performed based on builder specifications and building codes.
• Ensure work area is clean and hazard-free.
• Set up and dismantle scaffolding.
• Install all components of floor systems.
• Build and install all components of wall systems.
• Lay out and install all components of roof systems.
• Frame chimney chases, cut ventilation
• Install windows and exterior doors.
• Install exterior and interior stairs.
• Build decks and porches.
• Supervise and coordinate the work of Framing Carpenters and related apprentices, laborers and helpers.
• Requisition materials and supplies.
• Train or arrange for training of workers.
• Recommend personnel actions such as hiring and promotions.
• Ensure safe working conditions.
• Prepare schedules and reports.
• Manage company operations.
• Estimate and price framing jobs.
Oversee production to ensure efficiency in the application of company standard operating procedures, safety guidelines quality of work and deliverables and costs against estimates.
Provide training to less experienced workers.
Up-sell customers and generate sales in the surrounding area to the job site.
Conduct quarterly performance assessments of direct reports.
Resolve performance or assiduity issues with employees.
Assists the director with operations and in various management functions.
Over 4 years of experience.
Over 2 years of project management experience, which involves planning and monitoring work for quality and adherence to timelines and forecasted expenses.
Ability to conduct employee assessments.
Proven ability to advise management on ways to improve the application and execution of policies, procedures and standards.
Proven ability to maintain a safe work site at all times.
Ability to instruct knowledgeable workers.
First aid certification.
Patience and interpersonal skills.
Ability to generate sales.
Must own tools needed for most jobs.
Achieving the goals and objectives stipulated in performance appraisals.
Observing the company's safety practices and procedures at all times, without exception.
Arriving to work on time, wearing the appropriate personal protection equipment and having the required tools for the assigned worksite project.
Working long or unusual hours during the peak season, often in inclement weather.
Being in good accord with colleagues and seeking dispute resolution through the offices of human resources.
Representing the company with professionalism when dealing with clients and the public.
What's great in the job?
- Top wages and overtime as calculated by Provincial Laws.
- Opportunity for advancement to keen individuals.
- Flexible shifts 14/7 or 20/10 for those willing to travel and the option of 5/2 for local workers who are unwilling to travel.
- Apprenticeship sponsorship to qualified individuals.
- LOA, transportation, and accommodations provided for out of town work.
Healthcare, dental, vision, life insurance, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Health Savings Account (HSA)
Vacation, Sick, and paid leaves
Save on commute
Pre-tax commuter benefits
(parking and transit)
Brand-name product and services in categories like travel, electronics, health, fitness, cellular, and more
In town and Out
Monthly Lunch Mixers, Monthly Happy Hour, Annual day event
Play any sport with colleagues and the bill is covered
Eat & Drink
Out of town?? We got you Covered